Monday, September 29, 2008

Hurricane Ike

You can see the tide surge that came up over our deck as hurricane Ike made land fall in Galveston. You can see the water level across the canal close to the top of the bulk heads. Our prayers go out to those up North who didn't fare out so well.

My Cousin John Alexander was staying with us during his Medical Education rotation here in Corpus Christi. He evacuated to Idaho Falls as a precaution.

He was able to come back and finish his rotation a few days later.

3 comments:

Family said...

Hey Padre Islanders.....I am glad all turned out well. Then again, there goes the new roof! But to be completely honest, I am very glad you guys are forced into getting a new roof. The way it looks up North, I think you woulda probably needed a whole new house. Hope all is well.

Staci said...

I am glad that you guys were all safe during the storm. I thought about you all and hoped that you guys made it. You all were in my prayers!

Jennifer Kremer Oliva said...

Wow that did come high! How are you two?